Saturday, March 12, 2016

1977 Peugeot PX10









I bought this 1977 PX10 two years ago and it's in beautiful, original condition. I really can't find a scratch on it. There's some clear coat problems on some chrome, but nothing too bad, considering that the bike is nearly 40 years old. 

I'm keeping the huge, rather ugly reflectors and that pie tin spoke detector on the bike. Plain lugs, nothing fancy other than the chromed stays and fork ends, but still a nice specimen and one I'm proud to own. 



1 comment:

  1. I still have mine that I bought new in 1977! I replaced the Simplex stuff with Suntour, thanks Suntour! Raced it, ride it still and it is in the process of refurbishing again. Velo Orange can supply hard to find parts like headset, bottom bracket, because of the French threading. I purchased hubs and built wheels from them as well, plus their crank. She rides even better than new. The French bikes were always more compliant than the Italian ones. Good for long road rides, not as quick at the crits!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...